Monday, December 7, 2009

Little Edie : One Must Mave the Right Costume for the Day.


I recently watched an old film called "How to Steal a Million" with Audrey Hepburn, and I was immediately inspired by the lace mask she wore.

Lucky for me I'm a fashion designer and part time stylist so my inspiration was not wasted. In this November photo shoot by Tim Jensen my ever evolving fall line is displayed with defiant/sexy poses and, of course lace masks. The eiffel tower dress is made from recycled materials including chiffon puff sleeves and vintage lace at the high collar. I lovingly referred to this dress, while I was making it, as "Paris is Burning"

I feel so lucky to have found the grey fabric that inspired the tunic. This fabric is soft, stretchy, and has a classic pattern that can be worn anywhere and anytime. The lace keyhole gives it the perfect little sexy boost!

Check out all my knit tunics and victorian inspired dresses at Etsy and if you want to try them on, come to the Pretty Parlor on Capital Hill in Seattle.